Wednesday, October 8, 2008

"The website is bigger than me"

Tiberah Teshai recently wrote an article about Dr. Mehret and TruthAIDS for an Ethiopian on-line magazine. Writing the article was a process that shed some light:
"Before I even wrote the article, I had to stop and think about it for days. Where to start...how to format it....there was a lot of information that people needed to know! After I read Dr. Mehret's responses, I felt something I never felt before. That's when it hit me that the website is bigger than me." -- Tiberah Teshai

That 'bigger than me' moment is how the personal becomes political. In that moment, all of our stories connect and remind us that a collective consciousness exists. The internet is a perfect platform for allowing the lessons that flow from this understanding to take shape and affect change.

No comments: